Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Perhaps To Carrots?


I was in Target when I picked up this cute, little travel case filled with personal care goodies from Yes To Carrots.  I've seen and passed by their products during trips to the store several times before, but finally found the temptation of trying out a number of their items in one go too strong to resist.  Add to that the fact that it was the last one available and you have the perfect recipe for a "must buy" scenario.  And so I did...


Yes To Carrots is just one branch from a family tree of natural products that cater to hair and skin.  From its Blueberry line to its Tomato collection, the Yes To brand touts paraben-free products made from organic fruits and vegetables.  The Carrots line boasts a beta-carotene rich formula dedicated to normal-to-dry skin.


The first of four products in the clear, zip around, plastic case is the Carrot Rich Shower Gel.  In addition to carrot juice, it also includes sweet potato as well as other extracts and anti-oxidants.  It has a light, unobtrusive smell and is a predictable orange color.  All in all, it looks and sounds promising...



Next up is the Deliciously Rich Body Butter, which also enlists the help of shea butter to achieve smoother, softer feeling skin. 



The body butter is thick, reminiscent of buttercream icing, and also has a light smell.  It felt good when I rubbed it on the back of my hands, but I have yet to slather it on my body, which is when the real test would begin.  But I am encouraged by the initial results...


The third product is the Hand and Elbow Moisturizing Cream.  A hair thicker than a lotion, but not as substantial as a butter, the cream was a nice texture and - again - felt good going on the skin.  It's virtually scent-free, but does carry the seemingly generic "lotion-like" smell.  Very faint, though.



Which brings us to the last item, the Body Moisturizing Lotion.  True to its title, the texture is thinner than the Cream, but still holds to a nice consistency.  It felt good on my hands, but I have my doubts as to how well it will do on other parts of my body.  My body is ravenous when it comes to moisture and lotions usually do not cut it for me.  Therefore, this one may have to be strictly assigned to hand duty while I take the other skin care products out for a full gamut of testing.


So, has anyone else tried anything from the Yes To brand?  If so, what did you think about the product(s)?  One thing I am happy about is that it didn't cause any breakouts or weird rashes on my sensitive skin, so that's definitely a good start.  If the Carrots are a success then maybe I'll say 'yes' to their other products like the Blueberry line; I'm always up for a good anti-oxidant piece.  Well, we'll see how this goes.  So, 'Yes' is more like a 'maybe' for right now.  But we'll see...

Yes To Carrots is available at various drug stores, including Target, and prices range for full-size items from $2.99 to $15.99, depending on the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment