Monday, January 20, 2014

So Fresh And So CLEAN


Deodorant.  It's a very personal thing.  What may work for one may not work for someone else and once you find one that fits your needs as well as your chemistry, it's best to stay within the borders of that brand.  However, I've been wanting to try an "all-natural", aluminum-free antiperspirant ever since hearing many moons ago of aluminum's link to various ailments and possible health issues, but just never followed through.  I'm not an alarmist, but I'm always open to a more healthful way of living.  So when I saw a CLEAN's mini version of said product while making an online purchase, I decided to take the opportunity and add it to my basket. 


CLEAN Original is an aluminum-, paraben- and sulfate-free deodorant that uses the power of corn starch, cotton seed extract as well as other ingredients to naturally absorb moisture.  Although not advertised specifically as an antiperspirant, the deodorant claims to be close in efficacy to antiperspirants when it comes to fighting wetness.  CLEAN is a company well known for its fresh, out-of-the-shower smelling fragrances and body products, and this is no exception as the deodorant boldly bears the original, signature scent, which I would liken to a fresh load of laundry.  The scent is crisp, heavy and pervasive like a perfumed dryer sheet, but also refreshing.  I didn't find it to be off-putting, however, those sensitive to scents and such may want to do a sniff-test before buying.






The deodorant is of the solid, white, glide-on variety.  It feels soft and silky to the touch without a hint of stickiness or oiliness to it.  It's also not mushy like some solids are, but a firm and steady hunk of product - a solid solid, if you will.

So, I'm ready to do this.  I'm ready to experiment and see if aluminum-free is truly for me (or at least this brand of aluminum-free).  I'm ready to see if it'll hold up under pressure and keep me smelling like the precious flower I am.  Aaannd I'll be doing this testing during the weekend when I'm home and away from folks just in case this experiment takes a left turn.  Yep, so if I end up smelling like a basket of fresh laundry for most of the day, I will update this post accordingly.  And if I end up smelling like a barrel of wild monkeys after only a few hours... well, I'll let you know that, too!

Cheers!

CLEAN Original Moisture-Absorbent Deodorant is available at Sephora and retails for $18/2.6 oz.

*Update on 1/31: OK, so I decided to veto my earlier plans of a sequestered weekend trial and have instead braved the general populace for a little over a week with my pits armed with nothing but this  deodorant aaannnd... it held up fabulously!  On my body and with my body's chemistry it really did the job in keeping me fairly sweat-free; it kept me dry and smelling fresh for an entire day and then some.  I really like it!  Granted, it is wintertime and it's not like I've been toiling under a hot sun, but I still feel like it would hold up well on me.  So, after finding success with this one I am extremely excited to give some more aluminum-free deodorants a go.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment