Friday, April 4, 2014

Colored Pencils: One More Pink


Hey, guys!  Welp, another Friday has thankfully arrived and I figured I would come in here real quick and tattle on myself for buying another pink lip pencil.  Yes, PINK!  I didn't mean to, though.  I mean, I was looking at other stuff and BOOM! - this caught my eye.  And so I'm kinda admonishing myself, but celebrating my new purchase at the same time.  It's from one of my drugstore faves, Prestige, and it's called Love.




Love is a coy, hot pink and looks to have a satin-type finish as there's a notable sheen when swatched; however, the sheen was not as apparent when applied to the lips.  It glided across my balm-prepped mouth with ease when used as a liner, but I did notice that the color seemed to "flake off" when I exerted the pencil back and forth on my lips (and arm) while trying to maximize the semi-opaque finish for a fully filled in pout.  Once applied, it was neither nourishing nor drying and lasted a good few hours - sans lipstick, with only Vaseline on top - before slightly fading after eating and drinking.





I think I bought this lip liner out of frustration for not being able to find some of the colors I was actually looking for.  I mean, it seems like everyone and their grandma has the exact same liner shades on the brain as I do and are beating me to the punch as far as purchasing them.  But that's alright because I ended up stumbling on a nice little item anyway.  Yet another pink liner that's going to work well with my legion of pink lippies and, suffice it to say, I'm more than OK with that.

Prestige Love is available at Ulta and various drugstores, and retails for around $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment