Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mood Lighting


This was not even on my radar.  I was actually in pursuit of a different shade, but defaulted to buying this one (the last of two shades in-stock) after finding out my preferred wasn't available.  My in-store swatches are what compelled me to snag it, but I knew the true litmus would come later after a thorough examination under proper lighting.  And now that I've gotten it home for a more in-depth viewing, I am even more elated with my surrogate purchase.  So, if you don't mind hearing me gush for a few over my latest find, I'd love to share with you my thoughts on Hourglass' blush in Mood Exposure.






Mood Exposure is a marbled pink-plum.  It is from Hourglass' lineup of Ambient Lighting Blushes, which pairs a selection of their Ambient Lighting finishing powders with a soft-hued blush for a soft-focus, multidimensional finish on the cheeks.  In lieu of a stark streak of color, what is achieved is a diffused deposit of tinted light wherever the blush is applied.  Finely milled and supremely soft to the touch, it comes housed in a gold toned, mirrored compact with a simple snap closure and small mirror inside.





Mood Exposure full swatch (L), Blended out (R)

Did I already express how happy I am to have this blush in my collection?  Seriously, guys -  I think this blush is just awesome and will effectively illuminate a whole host of complexions and skin tones.  Oh, and the one that I originally wanted I ended up ordering online, so I'll be yammering away about that one, too, pretty soon.  But until then, I'll be basking in the glow of Mood Exposure.

You know how every movie/TV hero has his own theme music?  Well, now every heroine can have her very own "theme lighting" with these Ambient Lighting Blushes in tow.  Effortless radiance without the visual cacophony of glitter, shine and sparkle, combined with a complement of color... all in the convenience of one compact.  That's quite a combo that's bound to improve anyone's mood, let alone their complexion.  And if you find that you're in need of a little "mood lighting" yourself, I think you should definitely check out one of these blushes and see how it works for you!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure is available at Sephora and retails for $35.

No comments:

Post a Comment