Friday, August 8, 2014

Intimate Gatherings


I'm giving my wardrobe a total overhaul, guys.  Yep, it's long overdue.  I'm slowly taking it apart and getting rid of all the pieces that no longer fit, are ill-fitting and/or I no longer wear, and replacing them with items that reflect my current fashion mood: funky, sexy and sophisticated.  I'm rebuilding, starting from the inside out... starting with a massive run on some new bras.  Yeah, my brassiere situation was becoming dire, so when I saw that Nordstrom was having their Anniversary Sale, I took that as my cue to indulge.  And indulge, I did.  So, if you have a few moments to spare, I'd love to share what I bought with you.


Me and Victoria's Secret have long since parted ways; almost all of their bras have way too much padding, which I find seriously annoying and unnecessary.  I've successfully dabbled in other brands (e.g. Soma Intimates), but was curious to see what one of my fave department stores had to offer and stumbled upon this cute, convertible demi from Betsey Johnson.




Accented with tiny bows on the straps as well as the cleavage, this Betsey Johnson Stocking Stripe T-shirt bra in Pussycat Pink is such a lightweight, comfortable fit that it feels like you're wearing nothing at all.  Oh, but the support is definitely there!  Equipped with thinly padded cups and an underwire, it's a lot sturdier than it may appear.   And just as the name suggests, a stocking-like fabric covers the entire bra - a cosmetic detail that made me a little nervous as I'm prone to snagging nylons and such with my nails.  Nevertheless, this Betsey beauty is a definite keeper as it conveniently converts into a racerback bra via a hook on the back of the strap.  Two bras for the price of one?  LOVE IT!






And then I laid eyes on this gorgeous contraption and I knew I just had to have it!  Framed in a patterned lace, the ultra-feminine Natori Feathers Underwire in Café was everything I didn't know I wanted in a bra and more.  Its lightly padded cups had no problems "girding the girls" while its deep plunging "V" allowed for ample cleavage without any pushing up.  And it wears like a dream, feeling soft against the skin and über-comfortable throughout the day.  Helplessly smitten after one go, I immediately ordered three more colors: Black, Deep Sea Blue and Dragon Fruit (a bright magenta).










So, there you have it!  My most recent recruits in my quest to overhaul my wardobe.  Just so that you know: Betsey's bra fit true-to-size in both cup and band, however, Natori's Feathers ran small in cup size (as is well documented in the online reviews for the bra) and I had to order a size up, which fit perfectly.  But both are ab fab and totally what I needed to step my undergarment game up.

One mission down, so many more to go...

Betsey Johnson Stocking Stripe Bra and Natori Feathers Bra can be found at Nordstrom and retail for $48 and $68, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment