Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Flashback: MAC Mineralize Eyeshadows


Hey, guys!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I sure am!  And I've got a bit of a throwback for you to kick off the festivities.  Now, I know MAC currently has several variations of baked eyeshadows, but do you remember the original set of shadows that they came out with a few years back?  They were deeply pigmented duos that were a steady fixture in their shadow lineup until they decided to put them out to pasture and replace them with a whole new stock.  Well, I have a couple of OG's from the earlier batch that I absolutely L.O.V.E. and wanna share with you: MAC's Mineralize Eyeshadow in Bright Side Gallery Gal and Play On Plums.





First up is Bright Side Gallery Gal, which is a pairing of golden olive and champagne.  Not only is this baked baby potently pigmented, but it is super soft to the touch and yields ample color effortlessly with every swatch, whether used wet or dry.  In fact, except for the "wet" swatch being slightly shinier, I could hardly see a difference in opacity between the two - a trait you would be hard pressed to say about a lot of baked eyeshadows.



(L to R: Olive Dry/Wet; Champagne Dry/Wet)




Next is Play On Plums, which is a plummy, burnt raspberry coupled with apricot.  Like Bright Side, it is chock full of color and buttery soft to the touch.  Unlike its cohort, both of its shadows are marbleized and have a variation of veining running through them. 


(L to R: Plum Dry/Wet; Apricot Dry/Wet)

I really don't know why these shadows were discontinued.  I mean, MAC has an entire array of new Mineralize shadows that appear to be of the same ilk as the prior versions, but the color combos aren't all that appealing to me; I don't find the shades to be as inviting or as much fun.  They just seem OK, you know?  I think there were about five or six in the first collection - I grabbed only the two, but was tempted by all.  This latest collection?  Eh, not so much.

Which makes me all the more thankful that I bought these when I had the notion and didn't dilly-dally about.  These baked shadow duos are seriously awesome with a capital "A" and I'm so happy to have added them to my stash!  

No comments:

Post a Comment