Friday, October 3, 2014

Field Trip: Pier 1 Imports


OK, you guys are just gonna have to excuse me because I've become slightly obsessed with looking at/shopping for/talking about home furnishings and the like for the past couple of days with no sign of abatement on the visible horizon.  So, with that being said, I'm going to allow this sudden zeal for decor commandeer this post and get right to the devilish details.  I recently took a trip to Pier 1 (and I do mean trip!) and if you have a moment, I would love to share a little bit of what I saw with you.



Going into Pier 1 Imports is like being transported to a whole different world - a world where there are no culture barriers or borders, but instead an eclectic mix of colors, sights, shapes and textures harmoniously co-existing in one space.  Overwhelming at times due to the sheer volume of items creatively crammed into seemingly every square inch of the store, I always thought of it as a place to grab some whimsical tchotchkes and knick-knacks, and nothing more.  However, after this particular excursion, I have a new found respect for its diverse inventory.





And while tchotchkes abound and most certainly claim a good chunk of the real estate in the store, Pier 1 also has a well versed assortment of handsome furniture!  Believe it or not, I never really paid attention to the entire breadth of their wares before, but definitely lent an eye or two to their "four-footed goods" and was thoroughly impressed!  From the chairs to the tables to the sofas - oh, my! - everything looked good enough to touch and tempting enough to take home...






And you know what?  After years of doing the traditional "circle plate" thing, I'm thinking of going the square route 'cause I'm definitely diggin' the concept of these plates/dishes.  Very nice.


And this floral framed mirror of banana leaf and wood is just so dope to me, y'all.  I mean, really.  I absolutely love it!  And I mean L.O.V.E. it with a capital "L"!  Wow...

So, there you have it, guys!  I took my time around the store just to make sure I didn't miss anything and all of what I did see made me excited all the more to get this decorating thing going!  Ughhh... I have so many ideas in my head... so many things I wanna try and concepts to explore; I can't wait!  I'm going to give y'all a break for now, but I'm not at all sated.  Therefore, more trips and online searches will likely ensue.  I must see more, gather more intel!!  I have become woefully obsessed and you all know how I get when I become obsessed.  Yeah...  

You.  Have.  Been. Warned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment