Friday, November 21, 2014

Artistic Endeavors


Aaaahhh!  Sorry for yelling in your ears, guys, but I finally got them!  I finally sat down and ordered and received my first three (of a possible seven, total) MUFE Artist Shadows!  Woo-hoo!  If you peeped my initial encounter with the shadows then you're probably already somewhat acquainted with the shades I have on deck.  But we're not gonna let that stop the ogle-fest, are we?  Of course not!  So, without further ado, I'd like to share with you what I ended up grabbin' and baggin' from Make Up For Ever's collection of Artist Shadows.




Besides the traditional, glossy, black MUFE box it comes in, each individual shadow arrives nestled in a thin, plastic pod with a clear, pop-on lid.  The pod is suitable for temporary holding, but not nearly sturdy enough for constant transport and secure storage as the lid easily detaches from the wispy base without much manipulation.  Conveniently printed underneath is the shadow's color code, which is a more legible read than the printing on the back of the actual shadow.




  
First up in my trifecta of terrific-ness is D-320 Golden Khaki, which is an apt description of the shade.  The color is akin to a pearly, antique gold with golden flecks of fine shimmer.  It is a Diamond shadow (i.e., it has glitter in it).   





Next up is ME-930 Black Purple, which I immediately fell in love with when I first laid eyes on it and having it was absolute!  Again - true to its name - it is a richly dark eggplant with a pearly finish.  In MUFE-speak, it is considered a Metallic.  





And last, but certainly not least, is the lovely I-918 Lavender.  No additional description needed as its name says it all.  It has a pearl finish to it as well and is categorized as an MUFE Iridescent.




(L to R: D-320 Golden Khaki; ME-930 Black Purple; I-918 Lavender)



Now, of course I had to snag a three-pan palette to place my pigmented wares in and I'm so glad I did.  Not only is it a more sturdier alternative to the pods the shadows come in thanks to its hard casing and magnetic seatings, but it's only one dollar!  Yes, uno buckaroonos, senoritas!  And at Sephora, buying a Custom Palette Case in conjunction with buying multiple Artist shadows garners you a significant discount: buy two shadows plus a duo case and you get a nine dollar discount off your purchase; buy three shadows plus a trio case and get twenty dollars off!  As if one needed any more incentive... #JACKPOT!


So, there you have it!  I am so happy with my selection of Artist Shadows and, as I mentioned earlier, plan to get a few more soon.  The texture on these gel-formulated shadows are awesome and each is as potently pigmented as the next - at least the ones I've dabbed my fingers in so far.  I'm noticing from Sephora's website that certain shades are sold exclusively online and not available for purchase at their stores, which is kinda frustrating because (of course) there are two that I really want, but they've been sold out for weeks.  *sigh*  Oh, well.  I'll keep looking... and checking... and wishing... and praying.

Until I get my hands on those elusive beauties, I'll just keep myself occupied with the ones I have - a somewhat easy "burden" to bear since the shadows are so lovely.  But I am waiting with bated breath and truly looking forward to adding a few more of the Artist gems to my small, but diverse, Make Up For Ever collection.

Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows and Palettes are available at Sephora and sephora.com, individually retailing for $21 and $1, respectively; OR $34 for two shadows and a duo case, $44 for three shadows and a trio case (via limited promotion, while supplies last).

No comments:

Post a Comment