Friday, February 13, 2015

Josie Maran Cleansing Oil


Well, guys... I'm at it again.  Curiosity has once again grabbed me by the collar and compelled me to try yet another face product - this time a cleansing oil, which to me sounds like an oxymoron.  Oh, I've tried cleansing balms, which I had no issues with and are mostly oil-based.  But to bathe my face in a liquid oil with the expectation of it cleaning it like a traditional cleanser?  Sounds like a pore-clogging catastrophe in the making to me.  After receiving a freebie recently, however, I temporarily cast my doubts curbside.  I got a sample of Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil and decided to give it a go.  



Argan Cleansing Oil is gentle face cleanser from model-turned-organic beauty advocate Josie Maran.  With the aid of safflower, almond and argan oils, this all-natural cleanser was formulated to hydrate and rejuvenate as well as deftly remove makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or dry.  It boasts a non-greasy texture and is free of parabens and sulfates. 



To use the oil, instructions are to "pour it on dry hands then apply evenly on face".  After opening the bottle, I immediately noticed the smell.  It's a very pleasant fragrance that's akin to... *sniffs bottle again*... akin to oranges.  It's quite citrus-centric.  Quite lovely, actually.  Proceeding on with the instructions, I applied a nice amount to my face then massaged it over my skin with water-laden hands.  At this point it didn't transform into a "rich milk" like advised, but rather a thin cast of white that I rinsed off with warm water.  At this point, my face didn't feel clean to me and still a little slick, so I followed up with my normal face wash for good measure then patted dry.

All in all, I like the idea of it (i.e., it being all-natural and having hydrating properties), but I can't wrap my head around its concept yet.  And I wasn't too fond of the greasy way it left my face feeling, either.  It didn't feel like it had been thoroughly washed.  But I may continue to use it as a primer of sorts or pre-wash to my normal face wash.  We shall see, though.  To its credit, it hasn't broken me out or caused any dermal explosions (YET!).  But other than that, I'm just so-so on it.

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil is available at Sephora and retails for $32/6 oz.         

No comments:

Post a Comment