Friday, February 6, 2015

My New All-Star Lineup


OK, I think I finally got it.  After losing my headliner Fresh Soy shampoo (which has been unceremoniously discontinued) and then drafting Phytocitrus to fill the empty spot (which I love, but run through at a rapid rate), I believe I have finally settled on an all-star lineup of hair products to help me keep my tresses in check.  I've kept quite a few of the veteran players from the old roster while rounding up three rookies to add to the new one (two of which I've already reviewed).  So, without further ado, here's the lowdown on my new lineup.


After bathing my hair in its golden elixir of pineapple-smelling goodness, I am now sold on Garnier Fructis' Triple Nutrition shampoo.  Easily procured via drugstore and other local venues, it did not strip my hair of its moisture and worked well with my forever-love, KeraCare Hydrating shampoo.  Barring any type of catastrophe (e.g., any signs of dryness, breakage, product buildup or residue), Triple Nutrition will remain a part of this dynamic duo for a good, loooong while.


Having earned a permanent seat in the ranks of awesome conditioners, which also includes my Lacio Lacio Leave-In - another must-have, is Infusium 23's Moisture Replenisher.  It gives perfect slip for stress-free detangling while lending my hair enough moisture without making it limp.  Really good stuff!


Two more OG's from my original group of HG's: Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum, which I use as a heat protectant while flat ironing, and Bain de Terre's Recovery Complex serum, which I use as a finishing gloss.  Tried and true, neither of these superstars are in jeopardy of losing their place in my heart (or on my head).  EVER!


Paired with my Nexxus Comb Thru hairspray is the last of my newbies: BB Pump It Up Styling Spritz.  Anyone who's familiar with this one knows that its hold can be pretty lethal.  I was really hesitant to try it, but so glad I caved because I love the shine it leaves behind.  And to avoid the super starch-like finish its known to give, I spray it on my hands first then distribute it through my hair.


I've learned over the years that I really have to pay attention to my hair, especially the ends.  Only within the last, I'd say, five months or so did I notice that my ends started looking kinda rough despite diligently trimming every 6-8 weeks.  It looked healthy, but I was starting to get "hooks" on my ends instead of them laying smooth and straight.  I later surmised that it was due to my residence's hard water depleting the moisture in my hair and me, in turn, not compensating for it.


A few snips later and with the right lineup of products, I am back in the saddle again with my hair now feeling as good as it looks.  My ends feel feathery and light and smooth.  Crisis averted, coif saved!  #YAY!

So there you have it!  That, my darlings, is my current and pretty much permanent lineup of hair care wares.  I'm loving the way this motley crew is keeping my 'do healthy and flowing.  Therefore, I'm done.  I'm hanging up my hat, y'all.  No more trying out new hair products for awhile.  With my stable full of new staples, there's no need.  It's a stellar roster that I'm completely satisfied with.  And one that I know for sure my hair is thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. You really really really ;) need to start a youtube channel. Your hair is one of the prettiest heads of hair I've seen,and as I've said in my comments before, there are not many(I would say maybe 1 or 2) relaxed heads with bangs on youtube. I'd give my entire jar of my beloved Silicon Mix (lol!) to watch your wash day/styling videos.

    Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much! I thought about starting a YT channel a while back, but figured there were so many people already doing black hair/black haircare that mine wouldn't matter. I will definitely give it some more thought, though, based on your comment. LOL And I want to thank you, again, for your positive feedback. I really appreciate it!! ;0)

      Delete