Monday, April 6, 2015

Product Purge: Skin


OK, so now that we've got our feet firmly planted in the province of spring, it's only right that I continue on with getting rid of the surplus of old/unused/unwanted items I have hanging around still.  Tossing out the gang of long-forgotten, unconsumed haircare products from my cupboards launched the start of my purge.  And now it's time to tackle the next group of discards: skincare.  Luckily, this is a short list.  Permanently replaced by my roster of staples, I haven't used these items in, like, forever.  So, away they must go... and away they most definitely shall, starting with:


St. Ives' Green Tea Cleanser.  Geared towards those wanting to block breakouts, this face wash relies on the power of salicylic acid as well as natural green tea to get the job done.  I haven't used this in soooo long, but I don't remember not liking it.  I may have found it to be a little drying.  Either way, I didn't find it to be "all that" and quickly found a more impressive substitute. 


Now, this one I remember getting excited about.  With its potent anti-aging properties and salicylic acid combo, I thought it would turn out to be the bee's knees!  But, alas, it wasn't for me.  I dunno, I was underwhelmed by it; it was just OK.  As a cream cleanser, it has a nice consistency and all, but I didn't feel like it was doing anything special for my skin nor did it help to keep the occasional breakouts I was having at the time at bay.



I sorta went St. Ives cray-cray with this next duo.  Already an ardent fan of their Apricot Scrub, I figured I would give their Deep Cleanser as well as the gentler version of their scrub a try since they were all still a part of the Apricot family.  Well, I can say that the cream cleanser, though loaded with skin scrubbing microbeads, did not work for me at all.   



And the gentle scrub, also populated with microbeads in addition to its usual scrubbing agents, did not exfoliate.  To be honest, I really had no business even buying this since the original works so well in leaving my skin looking and feeling smooth and renewed.  Total waste for me.


And do you guys remember this one?  If you do then you know that this Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream started off on a good note.  It felt good going on and did alright on my skin... until I started breaking out.  There weren't any dermal explosions, just a few bumps here and there that I noticed after a few weeks' use.  So I must say good-bye to this drugstore ditty as well.

Well, there you have it.  I'm going to see if B-Boy wants any of these unwanted goods (you know most men aren't as picky women are when it comes to certain products).  But if not, in the trash they'll go and onto the next order of business: wardrobe (possibly).  Oh, boy.  I was going through my closet the other day and came across some items that probably should have never made it out of 2014, let alone onto a hanger.  But clothes are kinda tricky 'cause you can usually remix them, so we'll see.  I'm on a roll, though.  And ready to keep this product purge train chuggin' along.  #CHOOCHOO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment