Friday, May 15, 2015

Weekend Report: Mixed Metals


OK, it is official, guys.  I am in desperate need of an impromptu vacation, PRONTO!  This week has been...  Well, let me sum it up for y'all in one word: YIKES!  I know that Memorial Day is slowly making its jolly way around the bend, but I can't wait.  I just can't.  Even if I ended up at the house, noshing on burgers and ice-cream while visually imbibing a steady stream of anime and sci-fi flicks on Netflix, I would gladly choose a "homecation" over no 'cation right about now.  But, thankfully, I'll be getting out of my cave and casually grabbing some sunshine this weekend.  No real agenda, though.  No plans.  Well, except for what I'm gonna wear on my face, that is...     



After prepping my eyes with the essentials to ensure an uninterrupted broadcast of vivid color, I will be recruiting the golden brown shade from Prestige's Mermaid palette to act as the headliner on my lids with MAC's gold darling Woodwinked in a supporting role in the inner corners.  Rounding out the cast of shadows will be the dark, sooty bronze from L'Oreal's HIP duo Forgiving.  This richly pigmented pearl will serve as the anchor, bringing subtle depth to the eye.





Closing out the eye show with a healthy dose of metallic shine will be Milani's Liquif 'Eye liner in Aqua smudged along my lower lash line.  When it's all said and done, my eye should end up looking like this:




On my face I will be using both a highlighting bronzer - theBalm's Betty-Lou Manizer - as well as a contouring or darker bronzer - CoverGirl Queen Collection's bronzer in Ebony Bronze.  To help my painted visage luminesce even more, I'll use the middle strip of Inglot's 131R to lightly tint the tops of of my cheekbones.  Along with a simple coating of Revlon's Lovers Coral on the lips, my face should end up looking like this:




So there you have it!  I am so ready for this weekend, you just don't know, guys.  Or maybe you do.  In any case, I'm going to take this two-day "staycation" I booked for myself and squeeze every ounce of veg I can out of it.  No agenda.  No real plans.  Just some much desired time away from it all... before having to hop back on the "wheel" and re-commit to the five-day process all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment