Monday, June 8, 2015

About Last Night...


... and the day before that... and pretty much the entire weekend!  Indeed, what was supposed to have been an allotted time for rest and leisure ended up being overtaken by the same frenetic whirlwind of organizing, coordinating and planning that has consistently consumed me for the past few weeks.  But leave it up to me to find someway to indulge.  Desperately seeking some distractions, I ambled over to my local discount department store just to take a look-see and found enough eye candy to keep me occupied... like this pair of black "red bottoms".  Well, "red bottoms" of the acrylic kind. 


Not putting the cart before the horse by buying house things before actually getting a "home" is still a directive I'm striving to adhere to, but this white vase adorned with abstract, gilded leaves was calling my name.  It spoke to me in all types of languages, especially the language of L.O.V.E, but I stuck to my guns and left it looking pretty on the shelf. 


And do you see this huge mortar and pestle?  Ooh-wee!  So purty.  I have to tell you that I engaged in a groping and fondling session of this stone specimen for quite a number of minutes.  It was only after assessing that I had no fresh herbs to crush nor wicked potions to whip up that I finally unhanded the device.  And why was I so taken by this rudimentary contraption in the first place, you ask?  Well, it's a mortar and pestle, for goodness' sake!  Outside of pharmacies and serious kitchens, you really don't see them everyday.


When it comes to makeup, I've been doing a whole lot more purging than splurging; nothing, and I mean nothing, has really captured my interest as of late.  But I did mosey on down to Ulta and laid my eyes on an item I became familiar with last year - the Multi-Colored Cheek Powders from jane.



And so after indulging in a short, but veritable feast for the eyes, I decided to pay my stomach the same favor and indulge in some good eats... starting off the weekend with an organic Margherita pizza.  #YUM!


Believe it or not, Birthday Boy swung through and made a brief appearance this weekend!  Yepper, and he did not come empty-handed, bringing an assorted trio of seafood delights to mark his arrival - a salmon burger; halved baked potato stuffed with crab, shrimp and lobster; and a crab/clamshell medley.  #MMM!


And finally, to close out the weekend, I noshed on a hunk of lasagna stuffed with ground beef, spinach and extra provolone.  #DELISH!

So there you have it, guys!  That is the complete rundown on how I spent this past weekend.  I did a lot of work and got a lot done, but managed to squeeze in some downtime, too.  All work and no play makes for a dull and bored Dolce.  I needed this little reprieve and relished every moment.  And, needless to say, I'm all the better for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment