Friday, June 12, 2015

Weekend Report: Illusions of Grandeur


Hey, guys!  Care to join me in a two-step and a double dip in praise of reaching another Friday?  We made it!  (Woo-hoo!)  I do have a couple of things to take care of this weekend, but for the most part I will be chillin' like a villain.  And while I'm chillaxin, I may possibly hook up with some fellow chillaxers, so I'm pulling out the face paint in preparation.  Flying under the radar color-wise will not be on the agenda, especially for the eyes.  Instead, I want something that's a bit more mischievous in hue... an optical "smoke and mirrors", if you will.  And I've got just the eyeshadow palette to fit the criteria.    




Green eyes is what it shall be for this weekend.  Not straight green, but a shifty green.  Besides the Maybelline Eyestudio liner in Forest - which I will use as a base - and Wet 'n' Wild's Color Icon pencil liner in Green to frame it all, I will be using this delightfully duplicitous duo from bareMinerals called The Vision as the headliner on my eyes.  Illusion is the name of the powder-blue matte while the opposite "cloak and dagger" shade is aptly named Mirage.  The latter is a pearly, green-brown duo chrome; both are potently pigmented.  When all is said and done, my eye should end up looking like this:

 

 



In lieu of a solid, I decided to take it light and opted for this liquid lippy from legendary makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin.  Semi-opaque in nature, Reyna is the coral dynamo that will act as the perfect complement to my makeup ensemble.  Along with a smattering of MAC's Format blush on the cheeks and a run of CoverGirl's Queen Bronzer down the cheekbones, my face should end up looking like this:



So there you have it!  I am so ready to get this weekend going, y'all, and super thankful to have another round of down time.  Believe you and me, I'm going to take full advantage of it, too!  Yessir, I am booked to capacity this weekend with nothing but chill out sessions scheduled for the entire three-day reprieve.  Friday is finally here.  Time for the revelry to begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment