Friday, September 25, 2015

Weekend Report: Warm Autumn


Hey, guys!  Well, it's official.  We have officially crossed the seasonal threshold and entered into the vestibule of fall.  Not too hot, not too cold, it's one of my favorite times of the year.  So to help usher in the cooler months ahead, I decided to jump right into the swing of things and "autumnize" my weekend look by bathing my face in a wash of oranges, rusts and browns.  And I knew just the eyeshadow palette to recruit for such an occasion...



MAC's Call Me Bubbles has sat in my stash untouched for quite some time now, so I'm pretty proud of myself for having finally broken it in.  With its array of orange tones, I painted my lids with all of its shades except for the the cantaloupe in the bottom left-hand corner (Full of Flavor).  In addition to a primer, I used the tangerine-orange out of Revlon's Eternal Summer cream shadow quad as well as L'Oreal HIP's brown cream liner as color boosters to help add a little "nutmeg" to my soft, "pumpkin" eye.





To finish off my face, I used a dab of MAC's Format blush on the apples of my cheeks and tip of my nose, allowing my CoverGirl Queen's bronzer to take most of the credit for bringing life to my face via a soft contour.  And I went dark with my lips, opting for a rich mahogany from Prestige called Pudding with a highlight of orange in the middle of my pout, leaving my face to look like this:


  

Well, there you have it!  I am all pumped up and ready for fall, y'all!  And I didn't realize until I started prepping for this weekend that, even with all the variants that I own, I have never worn orange as the main color on my eyes before.  NEVER!  Wow, I gotta do better.  And with the new season spurring me on, I most certainly will. 

So here's to having an awesome autumn!  And my season opener of traditional oranges and browns notwithstanding, I look forward to rocking a bevy of bolds and brights these upcoming months.  You know how I do.  (Wink, wink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment